Monday, November 06, 2006

Welcome to My Nightmare: Introductions

Welcome to the Red Scream Films LLC Blog on Blogger. Here you will find news on past, present and future Red Scream Films LLC productions, the rants and musings of CEO David R Williams, and sometimes importance news articles and editorials that I believe deserve as much distribution as they can get.

Red Scream Films LLC was formed in November 2005. In that single year we have produced three feature films, seen one screenplay sort-of-kind-of produced by another production company, and gone from having our emails and phone calls to distributors, and investors, and other production companies ignored to them calling us.

Our first film was Prison of the Psychotic Damned. Think The Haunting set in Grand Central Station (we shot in the long abandoned and rumored to be haunted Buffalo Central Terminal). The film was produced and written by myself, directed by DW Kann and stars Melantha Blackthorne and Demona Bast. Our second film was The Eldritch: A Tale of Erotic Violence. That film is still in postproduction. Our third film, but second release, will be FrightWorld. Think Friday the 13th meets The Haunting by way of the Evil Dead. This film stars UK fetish model Katxenna Klimkova - Google that then tell me you don't want to see this film. All films are shot on 24P DV although in 2007 we are looking at moving into HD.

As of this writing, MadCat Movies (www.madcatmovies.com) has been shopping Prison at the American Film Market and today I overnighted FrightWorld screeners to them to see what they could do with it in the last two days of that major film market event. I expect both Prison and FrightWorld to be released in 2007. I expect horror fans to rent and buy them. If you are a fan of 70s erotic/Eurotrash horror and 80s splatter, I don't see how any redblooded horror fan can resist. The films may not be perfect, but believe me, they are far superior to 98.7% of the crap that is out there.

I should also give props to my business partner, Debra Ann Lorenzo. Debi started with Red Scream Films LLC as an extra in Prison. She co-stared in The Eldritch, and came in as production manager-producer on FrightWorld - the movie would not have happened without her putting in 25 hour days. Love you kid!

I should also mention that we put out a magazine also called - strangely enough - Red Scream. While I doodle away with films, that project is being "manned" by Destiny West - a strange little gothic Australian who believes as deeply in the magazine and Debi believes in the films.

So welcome. I bid you enter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home